Wednesday 16 November 2016

I am back!!!

To all my old followers if you are still out there, then thank you for being patient and holding on. I know I haven't really published much in the last year or more, but I am going to kick start this blog back into business.

I didn't disappear for no reason though, firstly I started an English Literature degree course with the Open University 2 years ago. For anyone that doesn't know what that means, basically I still work full time but in my spare time I study from home using materials provided by the University and submit assignments that get marked by a tutor. All the study is independent and takes up a lot more time than I expected. This wasn't helped by the fact that 'part time study' was supposed to take 6 years, but I decided this was far too long so I combined years 1 and 2, then years 3 and 4, so I was doing the equivalent of full time study i.e 30+ hours a week on top of full time work as well as keeping up with all the sports clubs I do. I know I'm crazy right!!! I'm now onto year 5 (3rd year of actual studying though) and have decided to do years 5 and 6 as separate modules so it will be another 2 years of study but far less intense!
My current module is 'Children's Literature' which is what I've been waiting to do and it's really good so far and will give me lots of books to read that i can then review on here too!

On top of all that I have some very exciting news. On the 25th July 2014 I met the most incredible man and started dating him. A year later on my birthday in August he proposed to me!!!! Then exactly 2 years after we met, we got married. The 25th July 2016 was the most magical day of my life and I felt like a real fairy-tale princess. But of course organizing the wedding, particularly on a budget was hard work and took up a lot of my time so my books had to go to one side for a bit.
But it was totally worth it in the end!!


So i hope you will all forgive my absence!!

I read a few books over the summer before this years module started so have some reviews that I will be posting over the next few weeks. And then hopefully I will fully re-submerge myself in this wonderful community of bloggers.

Let the barmyness begin!!!

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

All the events have been happy events, so I'm glad it was for happy reasons that you were absent.