Monday 29 June 2015

Book Review - All That Glitters

Title: All That Glitters
Author: Holly Smale
Series: Geek Girl (Book 4)
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Release Date: 26 Feb. 2015
ISBN-13: 978-0007574582

Synopsis
Harriet Manners has high hopes for the new school year: she's a Sixth Former now, and things are going to be different. But with Nat busy falling in love at college and Toby preoccupied with a Top Secret project, Harriet soon discovers that's not necessarily a good thing... 



My Review
I adore the Geek Girl series, they are genuinly funny, light-hearted reads that make me laugh out loud and just feel better about myself. I see so much of myself in Harriet that I have a real connection with her and I can't wait to see what her next misadventure will be.
Harriet is growing up, she's now entering sixth form but it's not all she hoped it would be, suddenly Toby doesn't seem interested and Nat has no time for her anymore with a new boyfriend and Harriet is more lost than ever. Not only that, she misses Nick and is trying to figure out exactly what her life is supposed to be and what she really wants. A lot of teenagers will relate to this because even though very few of us are accidental models, Harriet deals with some real issues - boyfriend trouble, friendships, clicks and groups, school stress, and feeling like you just don't belong. 
I love her quirkiness and really do read this with constant giggles. I will never get enough of this series and hope that I get to meet Holly at the Young Adult book convention this July, and I also hope there will be a lot more from Harriet.

My Rating
  

No comments: