Monday 9 June 2014

Book Review - When Did You See Her Last?

Title: When Did You See Her Last?
Author: Lemony Snicket
Series: All the Wrong Questions (Book 2)
Publisher: Egmont
Release Date: 15 Oct 2013
ISBN: 978-1405256223

Synopsis
In the fading town of Stain’d-by-the-Sea, young apprentice Lemony Snicket has a new case to solve when he and his chaperone are hired to find a missing girl.
Is the girl a runaway? Or was she kidnapped? Was she seen last at the grocery store? Or could she have stopped at the diner? Is it really any of your business?
These are all the wrong questions.



My Review
I was curious after finishing book 1 as to where this series would go so I picked up book 2. I wasn't expecting too much from it, but it's quite a fun little series and I wanted to know more and I was pleasantly surprised. I would actually say that this one is better than the first, I found the characters more engaging but that could be that we now know them better so they feel more realistic, but the pacing also seemed better and just generally more exciting overall. 
Lemony Snicket seems to be finding more mysteries in the town on Stain'd-by-the-Sea, and the more he tries to solve the more confusing everything gets and he's still asking the wrong questions and thinking he should be somewhere else. But he must get to the bottom of what is going on - who is Hangfire and what does he want?
We are rejoined by some characters such as Moxie - who I really like, she's cool and witty, and Ellington Feint appears again - that girl has sass! But we also met some new ones such as Cleo Knight and Jake who give us more questions to answer but make an exciting twist.
I really want to know more and discover the secrets to Lemony's past. To see what got him to the point we meet him in the Unfortunate Events books. 
These books are quite short and have illustrations so they are very easy to read and quite fun, I certainly want to read more of them.

My Rating
    

No comments: