Saturday 21 June 2014

Book Review - The One

Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection (book 3)
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Release Date: 5 Jun 2014
ISBN-13: 978-0007466719

Synopsis
For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.
Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.
America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.


My Review
*squeals... I have been waiting for this book for soooo long! So when it finally came through in the library for me, nice and shiny and new I couldn't wait to get stuck in. This was going to be EPIC. Never mind the fact that I am already in the middle of 2 other books, they immediately got pushed to the side so I could start this one. 
THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! 

 
America is now in the final four in the Selection process, Maxon is coming closer to making his choice. One girl will be his Princess, the other three will be sent home. But with the threat of Rebel attacks on the Kingdom he has to try and do what is best for his country. As his love for America deepens things get more difficult, but America is still torn between Maxon and Aspen. Her heart says one thing and her head says another. The King certainly doesn't approve of America and is trying to get her kicked out of the runnings. 
I had so many expectations for this book, and I knew who I wanted Maxon to pick and there were questions I needed to have answered, and I am pleased to say it gave me all I wanted and more. This book was sooo good, I could not put it down and when I had to, I just wanted a chance to get back to it.
Celeste, Kriss, America and Elise are in the final four, I never liked Celeste but you see so much more of her in this book and out of all of them she has the most character development which I was actually pleasantly surprised by. Kriss and Elise were never particularly strong contenders in my view, but you see more of how and why they got this far and although I still didn't root for them, I could appreciate them more.
There are a lot of twists in this book that I just did not expect and every single one of them made me want to keep reading even more. I had to know what would happen. This book will make you have so many emotions, i would laugh, cry, gasp in shock and get angry all in the space of a few pages, everything is just so emotive and well written that you really feel for the characters.
I am trying not to give too much away, but oh my goodness that ending - That ENDING!?!?! I still can't quite believe it or catch my breath, just what, how, huh!? Totally awesome, I am sorry the deaths, and much more upset about one of them than I thought I would be, just :O  I can't even speak!
If you have read the other 2 books (The Selection and The Elite) then this is a must read. If you haven't - get the whole series and get reading. It's a must!
Totally AMAZING!!!!
So sad it's over, I want more, I'm not ready to say goodbye to this world yet.

My Rating
  

No comments: