Sunday 15 December 2013

Book Review - Revealed

Title: Revealed
Author: P.C & Kristin Cast
Series: House of Night (book 11)
Publisher: Atom
Release Date: 15 Oct 2013
ISBN-13: 978-1905654918

Synopsis
Drastically altered after her fall at the end of Hidden, Neferet is now more dangerous than ever—and her quest for vengeance will wreak havoc on humans, as well as Zoey and her friends. Chaos is loosed in Tulsa and the House of Night is blamed. Can Zoey stop Neferet in time to keep her anger from escalating to full-on war? Or will someone else have to step in to take the fall? 


My Review
I have followed the House of Night series all the way through, waiting for each new installment, although admittedly with less enthusiasm for each one, so when this came in at the library for me I was pleased to have it but not overly excited which is why I didn't start it straight away. In fact I only started to read it because someone else was waiting for it. 
The end of the previous book was a bit more exciting, rather explosive events and changes coming so this book should have been exciting but if I am perfectly honest this book really wasn't much of anything in my opinion. For a book that is just over 300 pages it really doesn't give you much, in fact I can summarise the whole thing in one sentence - someone dies, Neferet returns, Zoey gets anger issues and is confused between two guys and some crazy guy has anger issues. That's about it, it's just so drawn out. I sat and read this pretty much all in one go (we had a power cut so there wasn't really much else to do) and I just kept waiting for more. 
This book feels very much like a filler novel, one to put across a few scenarios and bits of information that will be needed for the final book to come. The only bit I really liked was the growing bond between Stevie-Rae and Rephaim and how their powers grew. 
There is quite a lot of swearing in this book, but there has been throughout the series so it wasn't a surprise but I still don't think it's entirely necessary.
I don't really know what else to say about it, I will probably read the next book as it's supposed to be the final one, so I will see the series to the end now I've come this far, but I sincerely hope it's a lot more exciting than this one was. 

My Rating
    

No comments: