Sunday 4 August 2013

Book Review - Demon Apocalypse

Title: Demon Apocalypse
Author: Darren Shan
Series: The Demonata (book 6)
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Release Date: 1 May 2007
ISBN13: 9780007231416

Synopsis
Fire! It's all around me, fierce, intense, out of control. I feel the hair on my arms singe and know I have only seconds before I burst into flames. Total panic. There's a horrible shrieking sound, piercing and destructive. My eardrums and eyeballs should burst. "It's hell!" I moan.
• One boy's life ripped to shreds before his eyes…
• One wrathful demon master hellbent on revenge…
• An army of grisly Demonata on the rampage…

It's the end of the world as we know it.

My Review
And so the second review of the night. Already been confused by what happened in which book and had to change the review I just did. 
This one carries on right where the last book took off. Grubbs is faced with a plane full of demons and little hope of escape, obviously the series is only half way through so he has to get out, but I didn't expect the person that rescues him - welcome back Beranabus and Kernel Fleck (again more events fall into place, and previous books make more sense)
Again this book is really building up to something huge, you can practically feel the pressure and excitement on the page. 
Everything jsut builds and builds and all the characters we have met previously come back and everything makes sense. There are deaths, twists, shocks and revelations. Really exciting. There was a 'twist' at the end with one of the characters and their fate, but to be honest I saw it coming from the moment a certain event happens in the previous book (can't say more or it will give it away) maybe I'm too canny or it was just obvious but I certainly figured it out. Still enjoyed seeing how Shan would reveal it though.
This one again is gory and packed with battles and fights, but still so compelling, I have to know what happens to the characters and see who will make it out. 
Bring on the rest of the series. 

My Rating
    
 

No comments: