Tuesday 20 November 2012

Book Release Day Blast! & Review - Timeless

So today (November 20th) marks the release of the next and final part in the 'Transcend Time' saga by Michelle Madow.





 I have loved this series since I first got my hands on 'Remembrance' (book 1) and am thrilled to be a part of introducing you to the next installment.

You can read my reviews of 'Remembrance' and 'Vengeance' by clicking on the titles.

Now, I had the privilege of receiving an e-arc of 'Timeless' to read and review for you. First I will give you the synopsis:

In Remembrance, Lizzie and Drew changed the course of fate so they could be together.

In Vengeance, Chelsea set fate back on its original, deadly path.

Now, strange things keep happening to Lizzie. Things that are omens of darkness to come. A curse has doomed her to die an early death, just as she did in her past life. To make things worse, even if she can figure out who cast the curse, it's irreversible. There's only one option left for her to save herself. It's crazier than anything she's heard yet, and to do it, she'll need Drew and Chelsea's help.

Because to make things right, they must go back to when it all began


My Review
Over the course of the series we have seen Lizzie really grow as a character, in the first book she is quite nervous and quiet being pushed around by her then boyfriend Jeremy, but she has found her voice and confidence, possibly with the help of Drew but has evolved into this goal driven, feisty girl who will fight for what she wants and when it comes down to it her very existance.
Drew irritated me a little bit in the first book, he seemed a bit arrogant and at times slightly obnoxious but as the series has gone on he has handled himself well and learnt to show who he is better, he also stands beside Lizzie and helps her more which was really nice to see. This book had potential to be an 'insta-love' situation but I'm glad that Michelle avoided this, although they have the link from their previous life together they have to work at their relationship and build it up together.
Chelsea really is one of the worst best friends ever up to a point, she doesn't trust her friend and turns on her when things get complicated, but she tries to make things right and I commend her for holding her hands up and admitting that she was wrong - it takes cuts to do that.
This book carries on from book 2 perfectly and is full of plot twists, excitement and pure awesomeness. I loved how Michelle introduced the whole magic theme in this one, it can be hard to do but it was approached just right and not overdone.  There is also a bit of a mystery plot in this book which kept me hooked and trying to figure out what was happening, my guess at who was responsible was correct but I did doubt myself a few times as Michelle threw more twists and turns in!
This book also features a time travel plot, now you may have seen me mention before that time travel in books tend to irritate and confuse me unless they are done perfectly. It has to make sense both before, during and after, there can be no plot holes or confusing loops or cross overs etc otherwise I just get a headache trying to figure it out. I am pleased to say that this was one of the few time travel books i have read that didn't confuse me. Michelle handled the whole situation perfectly and made it exciting and enjoyable. I actually found myself looking forward to reading and in fact finished the whole book in just one day. I couldn't put it down.

This series is definitely a worthy rival of some modern fairy-tales, it has that essence of magic and spark to it that captivate you, and the whole thing just leaves you feeling good. The ending is just beautiful and I felt my heart beat faster as i read it. 

An absolutely breath-taking series. One worth picking up!

My Rating

No comments: