Monday 27 August 2012

Book Review - Angel

Title: Angel
Author: James Patterson
Series: Maximum Ride (book 7)
Publisher: Century
Release Date: 3 Mar 2011
ISBN-13: 978-1846054662

Synopsis
Max Ride and her best friends have always had one another's backs. No. Matter. What. Living on the edge as fugitives, they never had a choice. But now they're up against a deadly force that's racing across the globe, and just when they need him the most--Fang is gone. He's creating his own gang that will replace everyone--including Max.
Max is heartbroken over losing Fang, her soul mate. Her closest friend. But with Dylan ready and willing to fight by her side, and she can no longer deny that his incredible intensity draws her in. Max, Dylan, and the rest of their friends must soon join forces with Fang and his new gang for an explosive showdown in Paris that's unlike anything you've ever imagined . . . or read.


My Review
This again is a re-read but the only one of the series I have reviewed on this blog before. I just looked back and it's amazing how different my reviews are. If you want to compare my old review is here.

This is the shortest one of the series so far at just 291 pages but Patterson does pack quite a lot into it.
The gang are now facing a worse threat, kids everywhere are rallying together all determined to 'kill the humans' but they also all seem to be brainwashed. Max and the Flock have to try and save the world once again and find out who is behind it all.
There is a bit more action in this one again but it also still features a lot of relationship stuff, especially towards the beginning when our kick ass heroin is sat in her room crying, i mean puh-lease! Sure she's a teen with a broken heart but she is by no mean 'normal' and I always thought her tougher than that. She has to decide what she wants from her life, but can we say 'indecisive!'
Considering the book is called 'Angel' it actually doesn't really feature her all that much. It's more focused on Fang, Dylan and Max. I actually wanted to see more of her, I still don't know if I like her or not and I wanted to see her develop more so i could cement my opinion.
Fang is off doing his own thing, setting up his own flock and doing what he thinks is best and keeping away from Max.
Maya (the new name for the Max clone) also makes a re-appearance and I actually started to like her more than the original in places. 
I didn't read this as quick as I thought I would but I did still read it in one morning. There is still the whole 'the world is ending and it's all our fault, we are hurting the planet etc' thing going on and it's getting quite old now. After book 4 I thought he would move on but apparently not, Patterson clearly has a strong opinion on the whole Global Warming thing, but for me it's just a little bit too much. It's not as prominent though so I could sort of glaze over it. 
The ending is quite explosive and one of the best cliffhangers he's given us. It was actually quite exciting and seemed to capture the spirit of the earlier books again. 
I'm hoping everything will come to an exciting conclusion in the last book.

My Rating
  





  

No comments: