Friday 4 May 2012

FF (68) & TGIF (51)



Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is from
Ali’s Bookshelf Reviews

Q: What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?

My Answer: Well, firstly I would have to choose a favourite! *so many fabulous authors, decision too hard*

OK, here goes, I'll just pick one, I bet she will be popular this week:

 

Dear Joanne (J.K. Rowling), Thank you for your wonderful stories, for creating a world of hope, love, trust and friendship, for the awesomeness that is Quidditch and the magic you brought to my life. Thank you for being yourself, kind, generous, wonderful, determined and magical yourself. 

I admire you and all you stand for and thank you for letting me grow up with Harry. You made my life a brighter place, and gave me the determination to keep trying. You never gave up and neither will I. 



Does that count as more than one thing? Don't know, but that's what I have to say. In summary: J.K - you rock!!!



TGIF!



This meme is hosted by GReads!

This Friday's Question: 
 

Literary Vacations: If you could take a trip this summer to any place within a fictional book, where would you go? Tell us about your summer dream vacation!

 

My Answer: I love the beach, but haven't been for the last 6 years or so. I've only been on holiday once and that was 3 days in Disneyland Paris last year (which was awesome, don't think I didn't love it because it was incredible) but I know there is much more out there and if I could afford it I would love to see the world. Which is why I read so much, I can feel like I am going to all these places in the world without actually going.

Right now my dream book destination would be Zanzibar Bay from 'Twenty Boy Summer' by Sarah Ockler. The beach hut and gorgeous sandy beach and calming ocean breeze just sounds heavenly, with tourist sights, museums and shops to visit too, it would be amazing. 

In real life my current summer dream vacation would be a trip to Bondi Beach in Australia (would tour other parts of Australia whilst I was there too), it just looks incredible there. I also want to go to Disney World & Harry Potter World in Florida. Maybe when I win the lottery I can go.


I feel down now, this post has just reminded me I'm stuck in rainy England (literally been raining almost constantly for 2 weeks here - yet we are also in a 'drought' - someone's having a laugh somewhere!


 

Happy Hopping, have a great weekend everyone!!!

  

8 comments:

Addie R. said...

Aww I'm sure J.K. Rowling would really appreciate that if you ever got the chance to say that to her! Yours is so much thoughtful compared to mine. :D I hope you get to chance to meet her one day!

My TGIF/Follow Friday

Sonnie said...

I have to agree! JK Rowling is the best of the best! I didn't pick her, simply because I would basically have said exactly the same thing you said, but she is definitely #1!

New follower via GFC :)

Here's my FF: Lit Girl: Follow Friday

yarereviews said...

I haven't read that book but I agree with you on J.K. Rowling's writing.
New follower! Here's my FF;
http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-7.html

Dalene @ A Date with a Book said...

J.K. Rowling has been inspiring to both authors and readers alike. Great author! New Follower :) Here's my FF

Sarah said...

Old follower now also following through Networked Blogs, I love Harry Potter and I'd also love to thank J.K Rowling for him, my FF
http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-26.html

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. For some reason I forgot her name was Joanne. I know she goes by Jo but I forgot her real name. Maybe it's because I'm so tired that I'm not thinking :-)
My Hop

Unknown said...

hopping through!

Rowling's really popular in the Follow Friday Hop..:)... along with Stephenie Meyer..:D

I love her books and yes, I'd probably tell her that too..:D

New Follower!
My FF

My 200-Follower-Milestone-Giveaway (8 books up for grabs!/INT)


barmybex said...

Addie R - thanks, that's sweet, I hope I can meet her one day too.

Sonnie - hehe great minds think alike, thanks for following!

yarereviews - aw you should it's a great book, one of my favs. ;D

Thanks Delane

Thanks Sarah, she really does rock, thanks for following.

Alison - hehe, I think a lot of people tend to forget, it's not used very often! :D

Avry - I knew she would be popular but I had to do it. I'm personally not a Stephanie Meyer fan (can't stand twilight). But glad J.K is getting the love ;D