Tuesday 5 July 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Walk The Lines


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
 
My Teasers: Walk The Lines - The London Underground - Overground by Mark Mason

"Not that this was about finding London's heart. Or not just about that anyway. This was about finding it's soul."
Page 10

"Today, as I think of those trains, and their role in inspiring my steps across London, they seem like diffident sherpas, willing to show me the way but only if they themselves stay hidden."

Page 17


I haven't read much of this book yet, but what I have read it fascinating and witty.  Looking forward to more. It's non-fiction, but I hope my teasers have got you interested. :D

What are your teasers?

4 comments:

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I like the first teaser. very poetic

Jennifer said...

I enjoy non-fiction and this sounds intriguing.
My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays-my-teaser-is-from-the-secret-lives-of-the-four-wives.html

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Great teasers. Good to seem some non-fiction out there :)

barmybex said...

thanks everyone. :D
i'm really enjoying it so far. :D