Saturday 25 December 2010

Book Review - Crescendo

Synopsis
Nora should know better than to think her life can return to normal after falling in love with a fallen angel. And Nora's life isn't normal - her dad was murdered, and the facts about his death just don't add up. Now Nora's own life is in imminent danger. Are she and Patch strong enough for the battle ahead? 


My Review
It has been a long time since I read 'Hush Hush' and i can't really remember much about it or the characters, i didn't really have time to re-read it so i basically came into this book with no background knowledge. As I got into the book, odd bits came back to me but not a lot. I found myself quite annoyed by Nora, sure everyone has arguments with their boyfriends, but she was so stubborn and pig headed and really quite hurtful to Patch. She would whine she wants him back, then as soon as he appeared she would shout at him and be mean. It got on my nerves a bit.
Ignoring that i thought  the story line was quite good, it was a bit of a 'whodunit', who is the mysterious 'Black Hand' that killed Nora's dad. I tried to figure it out, but couldn't, which i rather enjoyed.
We are introduced to a new character - Scott, an old childhood friend of Nora's who has come back, hiding from his past, but why? He was a mystery, some time i would quite like him, then i would think he was a jerk. I still haven't really made my mind up. Vee makes me laugh throughout the book, an there are loads of twist and turns i never expected.
I wouldn't say it was a great book, but it was a quite exciting read and i would like to read the next one. This one ends on a breath taking moment and i want to know what will happen.
Will Patch and Nora work out? Will the truth about Nora's past be explained? You see more about all their pasts in this book which helps you get to know the characters better, but still leaves you wanting to know more.
Overall i loved the story line but the characters mostly annoyed me. If you can ignore that and get lost in the plot then the book is really quite good.


My Rating
I would give this book 7.5/10.

No comments: